11 September 2008

IT'S ON! Blogger Bitch-Slap Fest!


Oh damn! Oh damn! It's on! It's on! It's on like Donkey Kong! It's on like Red Dawn! It's on like beer pong! [EDIT: via Squidbillies, It's on like Charles Bron-son! It's on like the movie Tron! It is not, however, on like Michelle Kwan, even though, yes, she did work hard to get where she is.]

Like, ohmigawd, right, this one guy has a blog, and, like, sometimes he cuts and pastes stuff from other blogs, like, you know, schedules and stuff, and he's, like, too busy wiping Cheeto dust from his fingertips to credit his sources, right?

So then this other guy has a blog, too, right? Only no one reads it, right? So he's, like, all, "Damn, no one reads my blog! WTF? I know, I'll totally pwn that other d00d, and then people will, like, read my blog instead!" So he's all, "ZOMG! You guys! That guy is teh plagiarizt!" And since no one reads his blog, he goes on BigSoccer and starts a thread, at which point it is Officially On!

And then I'm all reading it, right? Because, like, I have nothing better to do, you know? And I'm like, "wait, ZOMG!!1!!one!! *I'VE* got a blog that no one reads! I've gotta get me some of this hawt action!" So I whipped up this post, and now I'm going to go onto that thread on BigSoccer and link to it. Yep. Gonna get me some serious attention. It's gonna be teh awesums, you guys.

EDIT: I love me some Squidbillies after a hard day of blogging...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how proud that guy is about his stat fetish. Does he credit his source for all those stats? Nope.

The other dude seems to crib basic facts that are available in multiple locations (e.g. schedules, draft orders, rosters, etc.)

Anonymous said...

A blogger bitchfest on September 11th?

FOR SHAME.

And they call themselves US supporters. Pfffft.

EdTheRed said...

@Riz:
Clearly, somebody is not thinking of the children.

Anonymous said...

@edtehred:

Won't you PLEASE think of the children, waving their tiny American flags??

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good shit. But Drew actually does his own work, and besides, it's blogging, not the fucking New York Times. That guy needs to quit bitching.

Anonymous said...

Drew does his own work when he isn't nicking stories, in other words rarely. He has ripped off MLS Rumors for ages and no one seemed to care. He even went so far as to register the domain name http://www.mlsrumors.net and point it at his own site. How low is that? Nothing worse than an MLSR wannabee. The funny thing is, the REAL MLS Rumors has improved drastically and has actually done their own homework, have their own sources and resources and site any material they borrow. In other words, they have improved, whereas his site just stole more. Sad.

Agent 009 said...

Let me start out saying this: Do NOT blame that post on edthered, OK? I don't care what you blog about, whether it's a high school team, a junior college team, a college team, much less MLS news, when you dumbass posts over five times . . . you ain't gonna impress anybody. That was a disgraceful performance. ... We gave it away. We gave them the frigging headline. In my opinion, that sucked.

You can't whine about plagiarism over five times. Holy crap. I don't know who the hell we think we are when we do something like that ... We've blown [five] scoops to those morons at BigSoccer. That might be a blog record. And we've still got several matches left in the regular season, so there's no telling how many we'll have. I mean, it's absolutely pitiful to blog like that . . . Horrible. Just horrible. Horrible.

MLSRumors? Don't talk about MLSRumros. Are you kidding me? MLSRumors? I'm just hoping we scoop another rumor, another rumor.

EdTheRed said...

Steven Goff is not walking through that door, fans. Ives Galarcep is not walking through that door, and Frank Dell'Apa is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they're going to be gray and old. What we are is young, exciting, hard-working, and we're going to improve. People don't realize that, and as soon as they realize those three guys are not coming through that door, the better this town will be for all of us because there are young guys on this blog blogging their asses off. I wish we had google ads. I wish we could buy the world. We can't; the only thing we can do is work hard, and all the negativity that's in this town sucks. I've been around when Michael Wilbon was booed. I've been around when Shirley Povich was booed. And it stinks. It makes the greatest town, greatest city in the world, lousy. The only thing that will turn this around is being upbeat and positive like we are on this blog... and if you think I'm going to succumb to negativity, you're wrong. You've got the wrong guy leading this blog.

Revelation said...

I cannot condone plagarisism or copying of someone's work to claim as your own. But it is funny how proud that guy is about his stat fetish. Does he credit his source for all those stats? Nope.

The other dude seems to crib basic facts that are available in multiple locations (e.g. schedules, draft orders, rosters, etc.)

And where do they get off having a blogger bitchfest on September 11th?

FOR SHAME.

And they call themselves US Supporters. Pffffft.

Anonymous said...

Man, remind me not to piss you guys off.